- Mitigation and Prevention
- Proper home maintenance: Preventing losses Video
- Protect Your Home Against Arson Video
- Protecting your home from mold Article
Mold is destructive to your home and possessions—and the damage it causes generally isn't covered by homeowners insurance. Learn how to defend your home against mold.
- Health safety following a flood Article
- Protect your home from winter weather Article
Ice, snow and wind can have devastating consequences to your home—and to your household budget. Fortunately, there are precautions you can take to avoid the expense and inconvenience of winter damage—and even help you save on heating costs. Get started when the leaves begin to turn so your home is well prepared when the cold, harsh weather hits.
- The homeowner's severe cold weather survival guide Article
Much of North America experiences periods of severely cold weather and is susceptible to snow and ice storms—extreme conditions that can inflict considerable damage on homes and create liability risks. Standard homeowners policies will cover most disasters that result from a freeze—but when the weather outside is frightful, it's better to minimize the potential risks. Here's how.
- Protect your home against mold Video
- Protecting your roof from hail Video
- Making your home more hurricane resistant: Five steps Video
- How to pick a lightning protection system Video
- Preventing dog bites Video
- Be a responsible dog owner Video
- Protect yourself against auto theft Video
- Bicycle safety and insurance Article
Bicycling is increasingly popular, both as a sport and as a means of transportation. Whether you spent a few hundred or a few thousand dollars on your bike, whether you use it to commute to work or to cycle around the block with your kids, it's important to understand the rules of the bike lane and protect your financial investment with the proper insurance.
- Bicycle safety Video